You can remove duplicates in your data from a spreadsheet in LibreOffice Calc using Advanced Filters.
Remove Duplicate Data
Time needed: 2 minutes.
- Open your spreadsheet in Calc
- Click on Data on the Menu bar
- Go to More Filters, then choose Advanced Filter
- The Advanced Filter dialogue box will open
- Click on the shrink icon
- Highlight your data
- Click on the expand icon
- Click on the + symbol next to options
- If your data has headings, make sure there is a tick in the Range Contains Column Labels option
- Put a tick in the No duplications option
- Click OK
- Your data has now been filtered – the duplicates aren’t deleted
- Highlight your filtered data and press Ctrl + C
- Open a new sheet (or navigate to wherever you want your data without duplicates)
- Press Ctrl + V to paste your filtered data
- Your pasted data does not contain duplicates 🙂
Unfilter Your Original Data
To get rid of the filter on your original data (if you want), navigate back to it. Click anywhere on your dataset. Click on Data (on the menu bar), choose More Filters, then click on Reset Filters. (Alternatively you can select your data, right-click on the row labels and choose Show Rows).