AutoSum is a very quick and easy way of adding up a list of figures in Excel.
What it does…
Adds up a range of cells.
To use AutoSum,
- Click on the cell where you want the answer
- On the Home Tab, in the Editing Group, click on AutoSum
(Autosum can also be found on the Formulas Tab, in the Functions Library)
- Check that the marching ants are around all of the figures you want included in your total
- If they are not, simply click and drag over the range of cells you want included
- Press Enter
- To copy the formula, click on the cell that contains it and move your mouse pointer into the bottom right-hand corner (mouse pointer should look like a small black cross)
- Click and drag where you want the formula copied to
In Excel, click into the cell where you want your answer and press Alt + =
Note – SUM ignores empty cells and cells containing text .
Video Using AutoSum in Excel
I hope you enjoyed finding out about AutoSum in Excel. To find out more about other useful functions in Excel, just click here to access the Resource page, or just click here to access the YouTube channel.