You can easily remove the background of an image or photo using a free online tool called remove.bg.
How to Remove the Background of an Image or Photo using Remove.BG
Time needed: 2 minutes.
- Access the website remove.bg
- Either drag and drop your image onto the browser page, or, click on upload image, navigate to your image, click on your image to select it then click open
- The background is automatically removed
- You can toggle between the original image and the one with the background removed here
- If you are happy with your image either click on it (to download it) or click on the blue download button
- (To download an HD image, you will need to either purchase individual credits or or sign-up to a subscription plan)
- You can make more adjustments (e.g. add a new background image or colour) by clicking on edit in the top right-hand corner of your image
- On the background tab, in the editor, scroll down and choose a new image for your background
- Alternatively, to choose one of your own images or photos, click on Select Photo, navigate to your image, click on your image to select it then click open
- Use the Blur icons to blur your background (if you want)
- Alternatively, click on Color, to change your background to a solid colour
- Select a colour from the pane, or choose the multicoloured icon (in the top left of the pane) to select your own colour
- Click on the Erase/Restore tab to add some of the erased parts back to your photo, or erase more
- Click on either Erase or Restore (depending on what you want to do
- Use the slider to increase or decrease the size of the brush
- Click and drag on your image to add to or subtract the original background from it
- Remember you can use the undo button!
- Click Download to download your image onto your device
- Click on the X to close the editor…and that’s it! 🙂