AutoSum is a very quick and easy way of adding up a list of figures in LibreOffice Calc.
What it does…
Adds up a range of cells.
Instructions To use AutoSum in LibreOffice Calc,
To use AutoSum in Calc,
- Click on the cell where you want the answer
- On the left-hand side of the formula bar, click on the AutoSum icon and choose Sum
- Check that all of the figures you want included in your total are in the range
- If they are not, simply click and drag over the range of cells you want included
- Press Enter
- To copy the formula, click on the cell that contains it and move your mouse pointer into the bottom right-hand corner (your mouse pointer should look like a small black cross)
- Click and drag where you want the formula copied to
In Calc, click into the cell where you want your answer and press Alt + =
Cell Ranges that Contain Text
Note – SUM ignores empty cells and cells containing text .
Video Using AutoSum in LibreOffice Calc
I hope you enjoyed finding out about AutoSum in LibreOffics Calc. To find out more about other useful functions in Calc, just click here to access the Resource page, or just click here to access the YouTube channel.